LONDON, Sept 30 (Reuters) - Britain's Kris Meeke will drive for Mini in next year's world rally championship, the new BMW-owned team said on Thursday. The Northern Irishman, a former protege of Britain's late world champion Colin McRae, is the reigning Intercontinental Rally Challenge (IRC) champion. Mini, whose team is run by British-based Prodrive, will compete in six of the 13 scheduled rounds next year before mounting a full challenge in 2012. Prodrive previously won multiple ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Rallying-Mini sign Meeke for world championship challenge" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.