(Refiles to correct headline style and for wider distribution) * Women buyers help push sales in maturing market * Japanese, Korean models lead compact segment * European brands dominate luxury SUV market By Fang Yan and Ken Wills BEIJING, Feb 27 (Reuters) - In 2005, Mercedes-Benz took a gamble and shipped its first batch of 200 sport utility vehicles from Germany to China, where cheap hatchbacks and black sedans ruled the roads. "I was in the headquarters and my predecessor made ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"REFILE-FEATURE-China's consumers embrace bulky, pricey SUVs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.