(Refiles to fix day in lead) MUMBAI, June 29 (Reuters) - The Indian unit of General Motors expects to stop production at its plants for one day a week until the festive season, due to slow demand, its head said on Friday. General Motors India expects the car market to pick up by the Indian festive season in October, its President and Managing Director Lowell Paddock told reporters. General Motors, like many carmakers in India such as Ford and Renault, has seen sales slump in recent months ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"REFILE-GM India unit to cut production on slow demand" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642