(Corrects currency rate at base of story to $1=40.1 rupees, not 401 rupees; conversion in story was correct and is unchanged) NEW DELHI, March 26 (Reuters) - Maruti Suzuki India Ltd , India's top car maker, aims to cut costs and improve productivity to offset a rise in metal prices, its chief executive said on Wednesday. "Prices of not only steel but aluminium, copper are rising and it is hurting car makers," Shinzo Nakanishi told reporters after launching a new car model, the Swift ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"REFILE-India Maruti says high metal prices hurting" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642