(Corrects to remove extraneous word "Hyunjoo" from headline) SEOUL, March 29 (Reuters) - Kia Motors will launch its first rear-wheel drive luxury sedan in early May in South Korea, as it seeks to go upmarket and challenge sibling Hyundai Motor's Genesis and imported cars such as BMW's 7 Series. The K9 sedan is built on the same platform as Hyundai's Equus and uses the 3.3-liter and 3.8-liter engines that power Hyundai's Genesis. "Kia has lacked a luxury car line-up. The K9 launch will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"REFILE-Kia Motors to go upmarket with K9 launch in May" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.