(Refiles to fix typo in first paragraph) JOHANNESBURG, Aug 19 (Reuters) - South African police fired rubber bullets and used water cannons on Thursday to disperse a crowd of striking civil servants blocking a main road in Soweto, a police official said. The action in Soweto were part of a nationwide strike of more than 1 million civil servants seeking higher wages who have blocked school and hospitals. "When they refused to move, minimum force had to be used. So rubber bullets were ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"REFILE-S.Africa police fire rubber bullets at strikers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.