(Refiles to correct word in third paragraph to "objectives" from '"objections") WASHINGTON, March 31 (Reuters) - A top U.S. congressional Democratic on Tuesday hailed a White House-backed bid to provide consumers a voucher toward buying new fuel-efficient vehicles in exchange for a poorer performing older model. House of Representatives Democratic Leader Steny Hoyer said the proposal could help the ailing U.S. auto industry as well as reduce air pollution. "The idea of getting ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"REFILE-Top US Democrat hails 'cash for clunker' auto bill" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642