(Refiles to include UPDATE 1 tag in headline. No change to text) (Adds details) By Chang-Ran Kim, Asia autos correspondent TOKYO, July 25 (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co posted a surprise 8 percent increase in quarterly net profit after it raised car prices and cut costs, helping it overcome a stronger yen, crumbling U.S. auto market and higher commodity prices. But Japan's No.2 automaker and the world's top motorcycle maker kept its forecast for an 18 percent drop in full-year net profit, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"REFILE-UPDATE 1-Honda posts surprise Q1 profit gain, costs held" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.