(Adds byline) * Toyota looks to lower dependence on mature markets * Aims to sell half of its vehicles in emerging mkts by 2015 By Chang-Ran Kim TOKYO, May 25 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp said on Friday it would roll out eight compact car models tailored for emerging markets by 2015 in an attempt to catch up to front-runners such as Volkswagen AG and General Motors Co. Toyota, which lost the crown as the world's top automaker last year, is looking to reduce its dependence on the mature ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"REFILE-UPDATE 1-Toyota plans 8 compacts for emerging markets" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.