(Fixes typographical error in 'southern' in first paragraph) (Adds background, quotes) By Marcel Michelson and Rina Chandran PARIS/CHENNAI, India - Feb 22 (Reuters) - France's Renault and Japan's Nissan on Friday signed an agreement for a $1.0 billion car plant in southern India, forging ahead in the growing economy despite a local partner dropping out. Renault has a 44 percent stake in Nissan and their alliance is the number three car grouping in the world after General Motors and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"REFILE-UPDATE 2-Renault, Nissan roar ahead with $1bn India plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.