(Improves phrasing in first paragraph) * BMW says group vehicle sales rose 14.2 pct in 2011 * December vehicle sales rose 11.9 pct * CEO tells WSJ company aims to grow faster than market * Analyst says sees premium carmakers winning out in 2012 By Christoph Steitz and Jonathan Gould FRANKFURT, Jan 9 (Reuters) - BMW posted record car sales for 2011 and forecast that a boom in luxury cars would keep it ahead of rivals this year as the world's biggest maker of premium cars enjoys strong demand ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"REFILE-UPDATE 3-BMW aims for top spot in 2012 as luxury sales soar" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.