PARIS, Feb 26 (Reuters) - French car maker Renault said on Wednesday that it was abandoning production of the Avantime, a quirky high-end car that failed to capture the interest of consumers. The company's statement followed an earlier statement from Lagardere that it would cease production of the Avantime, which it assembled for Renault, effectively ending its involvement in the car industry.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renault abandons production of Avantime car" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642