PARIS, May 27 (Reuters) - Car sales at French carmaker Renault are down 35 percent since May 1 and the situation is forcing car dealers to offer hefty discounts to customers on some models, French BFM radio reported on Friday. Renault could not be immediately reached for comment. Dealers are offering discounts as high as 45 percent on the Clio model, the radio said. (Reporting by Dominique Vidalon; Editing by Mike Nesbit)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renault car sales seen down 35 percent since May 1-radio" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.