MADRID, Jan 29 (Reuters) - French car maker Renault said on Thursday it would cut a shift at its factory in Palencia, northern Spain, meaning 400 temporary workers would be laid off. "The constant fall in the European market and Renault's management policy of rigorously monitoring stock makes it necessary to adapt the pace of manufacturing," a spokesman for Renault in Spain said. The factory in Palencia currently has a total of 3,300 workers and makes various versions of Renault's Megane ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renault cuts 400 jobs at Spain factory" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.