By Kevin Lim and Harry Suhartono SINGAPORE/JAKARTA, Nov 22 (Reuters) - French car maker Renault SA is looking at starting production in Indonesia, while other car manufacturers plan to step up their existing operations, a government official told Reuters. Indonesia is keen to compete with Thailand as the region's centre for car production, catering to a regional market of about half a billion increasingly affluent consumers. Investment by the world's top auto manufacturers would help ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renault eyes Indonesia for SE Asia car plant -gov official" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.