MUMBAI, Aug 1 (Reuters) - Renault said it has not held talks with India's Bajaj Auto to partner on a $1 billion manufacturing alliance with Nissan Motor Co to make cars and powertrains in a new plant near Chennai. A report in the Economic Times on Thursday had said Renault and Nissan, which are also developing a $2,500 car with Bajaj, were in talks to rope in the Indian motorbike maker for the Chennai project to make 400,000 cars and powertrains from 2010. Renault late on Thursday said ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renault: not in talks with Bajaj on India project" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642