MOSCOW, Feb 29 (Reuters) - French carmaker Renault will pay over $1 billion for a stake of 25 percent plus one share in Russia's largest carmaker, AvtoVAZ , a high level AvtoVAZ source told Reuters on Friday. "It will be over $1 billion, that is for sure," he said. The comment came a few minutes before the official signing ceremony of a deal between the French and Russian firms. (Reporting by Guy Faulconbridge, writing by Dmitry Zhdannikov; editing by Robin Paxton)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renault to pay over $1 bln for AvtoVAZ stake-source" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.