PARIS, July 25 (Reuters) - The head of French carmaker Renault said on Wednesday the strong euro had limited the impact of raw material prices on European carmakers. Chief Executive Carlos Ghosn said the trend of rising raw material prices was expected to continue but added the car industry had not passed on these raw material prices rises to customers, and this was having an impact on their profitability. Many raw materials for the car industry such as steel are priced in dollars. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renault says euro limits raw materials impact" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.