PARIS, Sept 26 (Reuters) - French carmaker Renault SA won't abandon production of its Avantime luxury coupe, despite technical difficulties that delayed its launch and poor initial sales, company managers told Reuters on Thursday. The quirky, futuristic Avantime, the flag bearer of Renault's bold new approach to car design, has failed to live up to expectations, with output currently totalling only 40 vehicles a day, compared with an initial goal of 60 per day. Part of the problem is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renault says will persevere with troubled Avantime" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642