SEOUL, May 28 (Reuters) - French carmaker Renault SA has submitted a preliminary bid to buy troubled SUV maker Ssangyong Motor , a source with knowledge of the situation told Reuters on Friday. Ssangyong, the smallest South Korean carmaker, has been in court-led restructuring since early 2009 and was put up for sale this month, following two consecutive years of shortfalls. Renault-Nissan and Renault Samsung declined comment.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renault submits prelim bid for Ssangyong - source" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.