By Marcel Michelson PARIS, July 26 (Reuters) - French carmaker Renault is already working on a cheaper replacement to its successful no-frills Logan with alliance partner Nissan Motor , though it does not expect a serious rival until at least 2009. Speaking to analysts on Wednesday evening, Renault Chief Executive Carlos Ghosn said he was thinking about the next generation of Logan and another car for $3,000. "We have had contacts with (Indian group) Bajaj and that was about the $3,000 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renault works on "son of Logan" with Nissan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.