STUTTGART, Feb 19 (Reuters) - Andreas Renschler, head of DaimlerChrysler's Smart cars division, is to prepare a rescue plan for Mitsubishi Motors Corp. but will not necessarily become its new boss, company sources said on Thursday. The sources told Reuters that DaimlerChrysler AG, which owns a 37-percent stake in Mitsubishi Motors, would send Renschler to prepare a restructuring plan for the loss-making Japanese carmaker, but this did not mean he would replace Chief Executive Rolf Eckrodt. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renschler to plan Mitsubishi restructuring-sources" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.