FRANKFURT, May 27 (Reuters) - DaimlerChrysler is recalling 58,000 of its Smart ForTwo microcars in Germany built between 1998 and 2000 due to a possible defect on its front axle, the company said on Friday. A spokesman for the company said cars in other countries were experiencing the same problem, but he could not immediately say how many were affected in total.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"REPEAT-DaimlerChrysler recalls 58,000 Smarts in Germany" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.