* EU exec plans standards for charging electric cars by 2011 * Electric safety rules in 2010, crash safety review in 2012 * Fuel efficiency rules for motorbikes due this year (Repeats to additional subscribers) (adds detail, background, reaction) By Pete Harrison BRUSSELS, April 28 (Reuters) - Europe took the first steps towards a massive roll-out of electric vehicles on Wednesday, backing up past rhetoric with plans for pan-European standards that the industry has cried out for. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"REPEAT-UPDATE 1-Europe charts route for electric car roll-out" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.