By Susan Cornwell WASHINGTON, March 17 (Reuters) - The main author of a plan to compensate asbestos victims from a $140 billion fund said on Thursday he was close to getting Republican backing in the Senate Judiciary Committee for the legislation. "We are seeking to get a consensus bill. ... We are very close on the Republican side," Pennsylvania Republican Sen. Arlen Specter told the Judiciary Committee, which he chairs. Adding that he was talking to Democrats, Specter asked panel ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Republicans close on US asbestos fund-Sen. Specter" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642