Kia Optima popular with below-prime buyers.
Kia’s product lineup is moving on up, but some of its models are highly popular with the subprime set. A top-10 list of new vehicles purchased last year by below-prime buyers includes four Kias: the Optima (tied for No.1) Forte (No.2), Soul (No.4) and Rio (No.9), at $13,900 one of the most inexpensive cars in the U.S. Kia began selling cars in the U.S. 20 years ago, starting with the bare-bones Sephia. For years, the South Korean automaker limited its offering to entry-level models. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Kia Moves Upmarket, But Remains Popular With Subprime Set" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.