PARIS, Sept 27 (Reuters) - General Motors' Opel divison has already received between 70,000 and 75,000 orders for its new Corsa model, a top executive told Reuters on Wednesday. "We have pre-sale orders that have very much exceeded our expectations," Roger Johansson, vice president of GM Powertrain Europe, told a Reuters automotive forum. The subcompact goes on sale in Europe on Oct. 7. GM has said it expects to sell around 375,000 Corsas in 2007.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Reuters Forum-GM's Opel has 70,000-75,000 orders for new Corsa" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.