LONDON, March 27 (Reuters) - Following is a notable quote from history. True stars know when it's time to retire and the public knows it too. This is what is happening to the Beetle." -- Jens Neumann, head of Volkswagen's North American unit, said in a ceremony to end more than 60 years of the Volkswagen Beetle in 2003. Ferdinand Porsche, one of the designers of the Beetle under Adolf Hitler's rule as well as the founder of German sports car maker Porsche, died on March 27, 1998.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Reuters quote of the day, March 27" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642