(For other news from the Reuters Manufacturing Summit, click on http://www.reuters.com/summit/Manufacturing09?pid=500) CHICAGO, Feb 23 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp will survive the current auto industry downturn without having to file for bankruptcy, but the number of auto industry suppliers could be cut in half, the chief executive of manufacturing advisory firm BBK said on Monday. "I don't think they will file," William Diehl told the Reuters Manufacturing Summit in Chicago. "I ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Reuters Summit-GM will survive, suppliers consolidate-BBK CEO" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.