NEW YORK, June 21 (Reuters) - Lyondell Chemical Co. , the world's largest maker of gasoline additive MTBE, under fire as a suspected carcinogen, on Tuesday said it was prepared to cease production of the chemical, which is blended into car fuel to cut emissions from the tailpipe. MTBE (methyl tertiary butyl ether) has seeped into water supplies from leaky storage tanks in all 50 states, making some water undrinkable and prompting many states to ban the substance. "We're in preparation to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Reuters Summit-Lyondell prepared to halt MTBE output" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.