By Alexandria Sage SAN FRANCISCO, June 23 (Reuters) - High-risk consumer companies selling nonessential products to increasingly wary U.S. consumers took a hit on Monday, as Goldman Sachs said the consumer sector would continue to falter in coming months. Companies that rely on consumer spending and face questions about prospects for growth or survival were summarily sold in a day when the overall market barely budged. Motorola Inc , Ford Motor Co , Pier 1 Imports Inc and Talbots Inc ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Risky consumer cos hit, discretionary a bad word" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.