LONDON, May 28 (Reuters) - British engine maker Rolls-Royce Group Plc said on Wednesday it and British engineer GKN Plc had formed a joint venture to research and develop the use of composite materials in aero engine fan blades. Rolls-Royce will fund and own 51 per cent of the project, into which 11 million pounds ($22 million) will be invested. "Composite technology research that this organisation will undertake is aimed at delivering light-weight and low-cost fan blades for engines for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Rolls-Royce in materials joint venture with GKN" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.