(Repeats analysis released late on May 26) By John McCrank TORONTO, May 26 (Reuters) - Magna International Inc's bid to buy Germany's iconic Opel brand is a gamble on the future of the auto industry in Europe and a chance for its billionaire founder to cement his legacy. Stung by the global plunge in auto sales, but awash in cash, the Canadian company is looking to scoop up Opel from General Motors Corp , enabling it to make the jump from parts supplier to automaker. For Frank ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"RPT-ANALYSIS-Magna's Stronach looks to Opel to realize ambitions" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642