(Repeats for wider distribution with no change to text or headline) * Saving GM seen as less provocative than Wall Street bailout * Bailout could help Obama with key blue-collar vote * Conservative Republicans expected to ramp up criticism By Richard Cowan WASHINGTON, May 29 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama's takeover of General Motors carries some risk for him and fellow Democrats, but Americans may be more relieved than outraged over saving the ailing auto icon, analysts say. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"RPT-ANALYSIS-Possible boost for Obama in GM bailout" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.