(Corrects capacity of Florence smelter in 9th paragraph of Monday story) * Soaring cost of producing secondary lead unsustainable * Secondary lead smelters pushing ahead with upgrades By Karen Norton LONDON, March 26 (Reuters) - The United States lead recycling industry will spend hundreds of millions of dollars to comply with tightening environmental rules but the pressure of rising costs eventually may force some output cuts or closures, according to industry experts. Some firms in the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"RPT-CORRECTION-Rising U.S. lead recycling costs may prompt cutbacks" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.