(Repeats story published late on Monday) PRAGUE, Aug 23 (Reuters) - U.S. car parts maker Delphi plans to shut its Czech unit, laying off all 1,400 employees at its plant at Ceska Lipa, 90 km north of Prague, a trade union leader said on Monday. The job cuts at the cable harnesses plant, whose clients included Germany's BMW and Audi (part of Volkswagen ), are planned in several stages, with the shutdown to be completed by the end of May 2011. "The reason is moving to cheaper locations," ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"RPT-Delphi plans to close Czech plant-union leader" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642