(Repeats to add link to TAKE-A-LOOK at end) Dec 19 (Reuters) - France's Renault , now Europe's fourth-biggest carmaker, started out in a garden shed over a century ago. Following are highlights from its history: 1898 - Louis Renault drives A-type vehicle up steep street in Montmartre and wins first 12 orders. In a garden shed of, the 20-year-old converted a tricycle into four-wheeled vehicle with his invention for the gear-box. 1913 - First strike at Renault. Louis introduces U.S. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"RPT-FACTBOX-Renault - from garden shed to global car group" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642