(Refiles to fix typo in fourth paragraph, add dropped word in last paragraph) By Tony Munroe and Ben Blanchard HONG KONG/SHANGHAI, Sept 24 (Reuters) - With cars rolling off Chinese production lines faster than manufacturers can sell them and billions of dollars in additional capacity still to come on line, the country's auto stocks are showing signs of overheating. Many carmakers in China have slashed sticker prices this year as the market grows increasingly competitive, and watchers ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"RPT-Fears of overheating weigh on China car stocks" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.