(Repeats story issued on Sunday) * Clogged roads and creaking railways hinder supply * Need for expertise likely to spur local tie-ups * Traditional methods, lack of chilling creates 30 pct waste By Henry Foy MUMBAI, Nov 27 (Reuters) - Seven years ago, when India's Future Group retail giant sent shipments from Mumbai on the country's west coast to Kolkata in the north-east, the products took 10 nervous days to arrive. "You sent the goods, and until you received them, you just ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"RPT-India supply chain chaos next hurdle for global retailers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.