(Repeats story issued in U.S. on Monday) NEW YORK, Sept 25 (Reuters) - Bajaj Auto Ltd.'s recently announced plans to build a four-wheel vehicle to transport goods within a city are based on the changing nature of transportation in India and present a "huge opportunity," a senior company executive said on Monday. The niche for small four-wheeled goods carriers is new and Bajaj rival Tata Motors Ltd. has an advantage because it was first in the market, said Sanjiv Bajaj, executive director ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"RPT-India's Bajaj says 4-wheeler is 'huge opportunity'" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.