(Repeats to additional Reuters subscribers) ROME, Jan 28 (Reuters) - Italy's Industry Minister Claudio Scajola said on Wednesday that 2009 car sales were expected to drop by 360,000 units and that the sector's crisis would weigh on the country's GDP for half a percentage point this year, a union source said. The source was attending a government meeting with car makers about possible state help for the industry. (Reporting by Alberto Sisto)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"RPT-Italy minister sees 09 car sales down, to hit GDP-source" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.