(Repeats story that ran on Sunday) By Daisuke Wakabayashi SEATTLE, June 29 (Reuters) - Steve Ballmer has been CEO at Microsoft Corp for eight years, but he will finally get to move into the corner office vacated by Bill Gates, the college friend who brought him to the company nearly three decades ago. The pressure of leading the world's largest software maker will only escalate in the wake of a bungled attempt to acquire Yahoo Inc , a move that forced the Web pioneer into the waiting ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"RPT-NEWSMAKER-Ballmer becomes lone voice at Microsoft's helm" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.