(Repeats to fix literal in text) By Tom Brown DETROIT, July 28 (Reuters) - When Chrysler Chief Executive Dieter Zetsche introduced George W. Bush to a gathering of business leaders in Detroit earlier year, he could not resist poking fund at the U.S. president's Texas twang. "I personally appreciate that, on this day, I won't be the only one here who might be accused of speaking with a bit of an accent." Zetsche said. The joke was typical of the charismatic German engineer who has ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"RPT-NEWSMAKER-Dieter Zetsche-'Not a John Wayne kind of leader'" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.