(Refiles to correct typo in first sentence) By Deepa Babington NEW YORK, Aug 21 (Reuters) - A rising stock market coupled with stable interest rates will breathe some life back into struggling corporate pension plans this year, according to a report released by Bear Stearns on Thursday. Overall, the 100 companies in the Standard & Poor's 500 index with the largest employee benefit obligations will be underfunded by 13 percent at the end of the year, compared to 18 percent at the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"RPT-Pension funds to rebound from 2002 lows -report" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.