(Repeats to fix typo in fifth paragraph) By Rakesh Sharma NEW DELHI, Sept 26 (Reuters) - Italian scooter maker Piaggio's India unit will begin production at a diesel engine plant being built in western Maharashtra state by the end of 2009, a senior company official said on Wednesday. "We are creating the facility with a capacity of 200,000 engines. The progress is on schedule. The investment envisaged is in the region of 60 million euros," Ravi Chopra, managing director of the local ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"RPT-Piaggio India plant to roll out engines by end-2009" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642