MOSCOW, Nov 29 (Reuters) - Russia will become Europe's biggest car market in 2009, overtaking Germany, Volkswagen's chief executive told reporters late on Wednesday during the group's official opening of its new plant in Kaluga outside of Moscow. GM Europe finance chief Luca Maestri told Reuters recently that Russia could become Europe's second-largest car market, after Germany, next year. VW CEO Martin Winterkorn said demand for new cars is expected to rise in eastern Europe next year, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"RPT-Russian car market will be Europe's biggest-VW CEO" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.