(Repeats to fix typo in "buy" in headline) FRANKFURT, Aug 23 (Reuters) - Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp (SAIC), China's largest passenger carmaker, plans to buy privately held British automaker MG Rover, the Automotive News weekly reported on Monday. Quoting sources in England and China, the paper said SAIC would boost its ambitions to become the world's sixth-largest automaker by taking an initial equity stake in MG Rover, the size of which was still under discussion. It said SAIC ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"RPT-Shanghai Auto plans to buy UK's MG Rover - paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.