FRANKFURT, Oct 28 (Reuters) - Following the "strong deterioration" in the performance of its loss-making Smart brand of compact cars, DaimlerChrysler will review future options for the unit, finance chief Manfred Gentz said on Thursday. "Facing significant losses again this year, the board will have to decide what to do with Smart," Gentz told a conference call. Smart played a significant role in lowering third-quarter operating profit at Mercedes Car Group, he said earlier.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"RPT-Smart performance hit Mercedes Q3 - Daimler CFO" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.