its law department, he had joined the agency in 1980. That marked the high-water mark of the ministry's reputation and came just as an American researcher Chalmers Johnson, was finishing an influential book that would credit the ministry with a central role in engineering Japan's "economic miracle" that began in the 1950s. As a fast-track prospect, Koga had been dispatched to South Africa, sent to work on U.S. trade talks and then to the OECD in Paris before ending up back in Tokyo, where ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"RPT-SPECIAL REPORT-Inside Tepco's bailout: Japan Inc saves its own" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.