(Repeats with no change to headline or text) (Recasts, EPA, California comments, background) WASHINGTON, Dec 19 (Reuters) - The Bush administration said late on Wednesday it would deny California's application to set a strict vehicle emissions standard to fight global warming, a setback for environmentalists and a victory for automakers. "It is my intent to deny the waiver," Stephen Johnson, the administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), said in a conference call with ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"RPT-UPDATE 1-California will not get US waiver on emissions" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.